Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This is surprising

Okay guys, here's my long-awaited first post. I was gonna put up something I found earlier but couldn't put it up on my iPhone for some reason. Anyway, this contributor to Y! Sports put up something about comparing the Phillies' current pitching rotation to the 1971 Orioles team that lost to Roberto Clemente's Pirates in that year's World Series. What's surprising (to me) is that the Pirates team had no 20-game winners but still beat a team with a superior bullpen but not a good hitting lineup. So, I don't know how that'll really affect people's views, but I know enough that a rotation with such pitchers as the Phillies have will give other teams fits, and they have good enough of a hitting lineup to back it up. I know it's not about the Pirates per se, but it was interesting when I saw that headline. So if anyone wants to take a look and comment, go right ahead. Just ask that you'll not kill me before I put up the original post I wanted.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-8060936

No comments:

Post a Comment